H-E-B Official Coupon Policy
H-E-B just posted their official coupon policy online so we can all access it at any time! I suggest printting this out and adding it to your coupon binder so you always have it with you for any questions.
Here is a link to the policy:
Here is the policy:
At H-E-B, we know how important it is for you to maximize every dollar you spend with us. Coupons are a big part of that, so below we have outlined our guidelines for your convenience.
H-E-B accepts the following types of coupons:
- Manufacturer issued coupons obtained from printed publications (newspaper, FSI, magazines, etc)
- HEB Issued coupons
- Manufacturer-sponsored coupons (Type M coupon; has an ‘M’ in bottom left corner)
- Store-sponsored coupons (Type S Coupon; has an ‘S’ in the bottom left corner)
- Big Savings coupons (Type B coupons; has a ‘B’ in the bottom left corner)
- The above mentioned H-E-B issued coupons are typically
- Available at store level and typically yellow in color
- Generated by a coupon printer at the register and provided with customer receipt
- Distributed via direct mail to customer households or other printed publications
- Printable coupons with a bar code (i.e. Online or Internet coupons)
Please consider the following guidelines and limitations:
- Coupons can only be redeemed for items, brands, and sizes as specified by the requirements of the coupon.
- Only one manufacturer coupon per item is permitted.
- Combining a manufacturer issued coupon with an H-E-B issued manufacturer coupon (Type M) on the same item is not permitted
- H-E-B will combine store sponsored yellow coupons with manufacturer coupons for the same product
- One (1) manufacturer issued coupon and one (1) H-E-B issued Store-sponsored (Type S)
- One (1) manufacturer issued coupon and one (1) H-E-B issued Big Savings coupon (Type B)
- H-E-B does not double or triple coupons.
- H-E-B cannot give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
- Coupons must be presented to the cashier at time of purchase.
- Coupons cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The following coupons cannot be accepted:
- Expired coupons
- Competitor coupons
- Coupons without a barcode
- HEB accepts valid Online and other Printable Coupons as follows:
- Online and other Printable coupons should be legible and have a bar code.
- Buy-one-get-one-free coupons (BOGOs) are accepted. (i.e. Buy X, Get X Free)
- “Free product” printable coupons are not accepted (i.e. Get X Free)
- Printable Coupons will not be accepted if they appear copied or are altered in any way. They should be printed directly from the website or email in which they were offered.
- Printable Coupons have unique serial numbers and follow an industry standard format; they are non-transferable, and should not be copied, scanned, sold, traded, or otherwise distributed.
- H-E-B reserves the right to refuse any coupon or limit quantities.